Cauliflower- Bell pepper stir fry is one of the simple, easy to make dry sabzi with very mild flavours. Here I have used cauliflower, red- green – yellow Bell peppers and hence the name Cauliflower Bell pepper stir fry. We can also add corn, babycorn and green peas in this recipe and it’s purely our choice. Here I have used equal measures of all the four vegetables. But we can increase the quantity of cauliflower if we love that way. This stir fry is so comforting. They look colourful so it will also tempt the kids to eat it with roti or phulka.
Cauliflower florets – 1 cup
Red Bell pepper – 1 cup
Yellow Bell pepper – 1 cup
Green Bell pepper – 1 cup
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – To garnish
Salt – To taste
Ghee – 2 tsp
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into small florets. Boil it in water with turmeric powder, and a pinch of salt. This helps to remove the worms. Also the cauliflower will get cooked.
- Drain the water and keep the florets aside.
- Wash and cut the bell peppers into cubes. Remove the seeds.
- In a kadai, add ghee and splutter mustard seeds. Also add cumin and saute well.
- Once they crack, add the garam masala powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the bell pepper and cook until they are half done.
- Donot allow them to cook completely. They taste good when they are crunchy.
- Into this add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Then add the cauliflower florets, mix with other ingredients and cook for some more time.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve it with rice or roti.
Note: You can also add onions and ginger garlic paste.
You can also add a tsp of lemon juice if you like the tanginess in your sabzi.