Butter biscuits is a simple cookie that can be made with very few ingredients. These are unleavened cookies, made with butter, sugar and maida. It is so simple to make these cookies. There are so many variations that we can make with this basic dough – Red velvet cookies, Paan cookies, Thumbprint cookies, JimJam Biscuits, Kesar Pista cookies.
Butter – 85 g
Icing Sugar – 70 g
Milk powder – 7 g
Maida – 118 to 120 g
- Weigh all the ingredients and keep aside.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator and keep the butter in room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, add butter and beat it until soft.
- Into this add, icing sugar and beat it again until they mix well and soft.
- Now add milk powder and mix wel.
- Finally add the maida and bring all the ingredients together.
- Donot knead vigorously like we make the chappathi dough. Its enough to bring all the ingredients together.
- Allow the dough to sit for 10 minutes.
- And then stat shaping the cookies. Make small balls, flatten it and arrange it on the tray.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degree for 3 minutes.
- Bake the cookies at 150 degree celsius for 5 min in the top rack and then for 5 minutes in the bottom rack.
- The sides of the cookies will turn light brown in colour.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, the cookies will be soft. After cooling, it will be intact.
- After cooling, store it in an air-tight container.
- Butter cookies are ready to serve with hot tea or coffee.