Korma is one of the favourite side dish for many people. My husband and I love to eat korma. I have made Navrathna korma and Mixed vegetable korma many times, but this one is different from those. One day I was in a hurry and had no time to chop the vegetables and want to make something best in less time. So opted for this recipe. When the gravy started to boil, Krish entered appreciating about the aroma of the korma. He said it is tempting. Yes you get a very good aroma from the ground masala and the vegetables added. You cannot resist yourself from tasting it.
Carrot – 4
Tomatoes – 3
Onion – 1
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – To taste
Coconut – 1/4
Green chillies – 3 to 4 ( if the chillli is not spicy. Else use 1)
Ginger – A small piece
Garlic cloves – 5
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
Ghee – 3 tsp
Cloves – 4
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Grind the ingredients mentioned under to grind adding a little quantity of water.
- Chop the carrot into cubes and pressure cook it with salt and water.
- Chop the tomatoes into cubes and onions into small bits.
- In a pan add ghee and saute cardamom, clove and cinnamon stick.
- Then add the onions and saute until they turn transparent. Then add the chopped tomatoes and little quantity of water.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and allow them to cook for sometime.
- Now add the cooked carrot and the ground masala. Add water, to adjust the consistency .
- Allow them to cook for five more minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve with roti or puri. It also goes well with Set Dosai.