Corn flour halwa is a very famous halwa made in most of our weddings for evening tiffin. My mom makes this halwa at home which is favourite for me and my husband. Whenever we go to my place or my parents come, she makes this for us and there will be competition beteen me and my husband to finish it. Though I hate sweets, there are some which I love like anything. So my husband asked me to make this on a rainy sunday and here is the recipe.
Cornflour – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Cashews – few
Ghee – 1/ 4 cup in total
- Add corn flour in a bowl and mix it with water without any lumps.
- Add food colour and mix it well.
- In a pan add 4 tsp of ghee and add broken cashews.
- Saute it until the cashews turn golden brown in colour.
- Add water and sugar.
- Dissolve the sugar and make sugar syrup. There is no need for string consistency.
- Now add the cornflour mixture into it.
- Stir it continuously. The halwa will start getting glassy texture.
- Add ghee in between. At one stage, the halwa leave sides.
- Meanwhile grease a tray or plate. Once it starts leaving sides, transfer it to a greased plate.
- Allow it to cool and make pieces.