Apple jalebi is the new version of normal jalebis. For my grany’s birthday, I want to try something new. Always I am fond of jalebis than jaangiris. So, I was about to make that. But my dad bought a lot of apples. And I said everybody that I am going to make jalebis with apple. Everyone was scared to taste something new. But when I made this, no one was able to resist and there was no left over. It had a similar taste to Kerala’s pazhampori. Everyone of us had a great time on my grandma’s birthday. Missed you my dear bro….Happy Birthday paati 🙂 :)…. love you paati <3…
Apple – 1
All purpose flour – 11/4 cups
Water – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Yeast – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 11/2 cups
Water – 1 cup
Oil – For deep frying
- Peel the skin of the apple and slice it into discs. Remove the center part.
- In a small cup mix yeast, sugar and 2 tablespoon warm water. Allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
- In a separate vessel, mix all purpose flour, water, oil and mix well.
- To this, add the yeast sugar mixture and blend it well with the flour.
- Leave the batter to sit for half an hour to one hour. It ll ferment and the batter will become lacy. Donot over ferment.
- In a pan, add sugar and water. Allow it to boil.
- Turn off the stove once it has reached 1/2 string consistency.
- Heat the oil in a pan. To check add one drop of the batter.
- Now dip the apple discs into the batter and deep fry it in the oil.
- gently turn it upside down.
- Both the sides should turn golden brown.
- Now remove the jalebis from the oil and place it on a plate with tissue paper.
- Allow it to cool for five minutes.
- Then dip the fried jalebis in the sugar syrup and place it on a plate.
- Serve it hot.
- You can garnish it with the nuts.
- You can also serve it with hot milk.
Make this on some day and enjoy with your family :)….