Beans Nei Thuvattal
Beans nei thuvattal is another different variety of beans curry. I came across this recipe in my Sister in laws’ blog and wanted to try it. Basically I hate beans curry. But on seeing the photo of this recipe in her blog, I got tempted and made this at home. I made slight differences by avoiding garlic and frying the ground powder in ghee. The aroma of this recipe is obvious while making this recipe. I loved this curry. And she asked me to eat it mixed with the plain rice adding ghee to it. And that was the first day I ate half the quantity of beans made at home. Yes!!!! the curry is super yummy.
Beans – 2 cups
Channa dhal – 2 tbsp
Roasted gram dhal – 2 tbsp
Urad dhal – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt – To taste
- Dry roast channa dhal, urad dhal, roasted gram dhal and grind it to a fine powder.
- Mix turmeric powder and red chilli powder with the above ground powder.
- Wash and cut the beans to 1 inch length. Add enough water and cook it with salt.
- Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- In a kadai, add a tbsp of ghee and fry the ground powder for a minute. You will get a nice aroma.
- Mix the cooked beans with the fried powder and toss it.
- Serve it with rice. I loved to eat the curry just mixed with the rice with little ghee adding to it. It was super yummy..(Of course it is my Sister-in-laws’ idea).