Beans paruppu usili is a very popular tamil Brahmin dish. It is commonly prepared with plantain flower/ Vaazhaipoo, french beans, cluster beans, flat beans, cabbage. The vegetable and the paruppu usili is cooked separately and is tempered and mixed together. Also the vegetable look yummy and colourful.
Beans – 1/2 Kg
Water – To cook
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Salt – To taste
Channa dhal – 3 tbsp
Toor dhal – 3 tbsp
Red chillies – 3
Salt -As required
Asafoetida -A pinch
- Wash and chop the beans into small pieces. In a pan, add beans, enough water, salt and turmeric.
- Cook the beans and strain the excess water.
- Wash and soak all the ingredients for two hours.
- Drain the water and grind it finely.
- Steam cook it.
- Crumble the usili and keep aside.
- Add asafoetida.
Beans with paruppu usili
- Add oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds.
- Now add the steam cooked paruppu usili and saute for two minutes.
- Add beans and mix well.
- Beans Paruppu usili is ready to serve.