Okra is nothing but one of the common vegetables that we use daily – Lady’s finger. They are rich in Pyridoxine, good anti-oxidant, vitamin -K and minerals. But many of us donot like this vegetable due to its sticky nature. But the recipe that I am going to make will not have the stickiness and my mom who will avoid lady’s finger has started to eat it.
Lady’s finger – 10
Tamarind – Lemon size
Rasam podi (refer posting on Dec 4 )
Salt – As required
Turmeric powder -A pinch
Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Cut the lady’s finger into half and slit it.
- Extract tamarind juice by adding 1 glass hot water.
- Mix the rasam podi with little water and fill it into the slit lady’s finger.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the stuffed lady’s finger.
- Once they are cooked, add the extracted tamarind juice, jaggery , salt and turmeric powder.
- Allow it to cook and turn off the stove once it has reached thick consistency.
- Serve it with hot rice or Chappathi