Thakkali pachadi is an authentic kerala recipe made with tomatoes, coconut paste and red chillies. This is a very easy and simple recipe for the beginners. Whenever this is made, there is no left out. It is spicy as well as sweet.
Tomatoes – 10
Salt – As required
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Jaggery – 2 tbsp
Red chillies – 2
Coconut (grated)- 1 cup
Mustard – 1 tsp
- Cut the tomatoes into half, add salt, turmeric powder, jaggery and pressure cook it.
- Grind the grated coconut, mustard seeds and red chillies finely.
- Heat the pan and add 1 tsp oil and sputter the mustard seeds.
- Now add the pressure cooked tomatoes and mash it well.
- Once it starts to boil, add the ground coconut paste and allow it cook for ten more minutes.
- Serve it with hot rice and milagu pappadam.