Kaju balls/ Kaju katli is made from cashews, sugar, ghee. It differs from kaju burfi in two ways. Kaju burfi contains milk powder or milk but kaju katli is made without milk. Also the shelf life of kaju katli is more than that of the burfi. My mom makes this in a different way. She soaks the cashews in the milk for an hour and then she grinds it. But I tried it differently and the outcome was good.
Cashew – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Water – 4 tbsp
Kesar – few strands
- Grind cashews and sugar to a fine powder. Mix them well in bowl.
- In a pan, add ghee, melt it and add the cashew sugar mixture.
- Mix it with the ghee and saute for two minutes.The mixture should not turn brown.
- Make a well and add water and saffron into it.
- Mix well without forming any lumps.
- Now spread it in a plate and allow it to cool.
- You can make pieces or you can make balls.