Vella aval is one of the common sweet that amma makes at home for aadi velli and thai velli. It is made on these days as a neiveydhyam and offered to God. I learnt this recipe from her and found it very easy. It is a simple, quick, easy recipe that can be made in a jiffy.
Aval/Poha – 1 cup
Jaggery – 3/4 cup
Coconut(shredded) – 2 tbsp
Water – 3/4 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Wash the poha well and drain the water.
- In a vessel add jaggery and water and allow it to dissolve.
- Once it dissolves, strain it to remove the dust.
- Then again place the jaggery syrup on the stove and bring it to one string consistency.
- Now add the ghee and cardomom powder and stir well.
- After two minutes, add the shredded coconut and the poha and mix well.
- Delicious sweet poha is ready.