Potatoes are everyone’s favourite. Whatever dish you make with the potatoes, it will be yummy. Aloo fry or Potato fry is one such recipe. My amma makes this as tea time snack. In a course of time, I have totally forgotten this recipe and this is the first time I am making it. It was my brother who reminded me about this recipe when we were chatting. Thank you Cheeru. It is one of the best tea-time snacks to have with ketchup especially during the rainy season.
Potatoes – 4
Besan flour- 2 tbsp
Rice flour – 1 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Salt – To taste
Asafoetida – A pinch
Oil – To fry the Aloo
- Cut the Potatoes into cubes. Pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
- Meanwhile mix the ingredients (besan flour, rice flour, corn flour, red chilli powder, salt, asafoetida) for marinade. Donot add water.
- Add the pressure cooked potatoes into the marinade mixture. Toss it and allow the potatoes to coat well.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Deep fry the marinated potatoes in the oil.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.