Anjaneyar vadai is a traditional prasadham offered in many Anjaneyar temples and in Perumal temples. The main ingredient for this recipe is urad dhal and black peppercorn. This recipe is much easier than the normal urad dhal vadai. I made it with white urad dhal. You can make the same recipe with black urad dhal.
Urad dhal- 1 cup
Rice flour- 2 tbsp
Pepper- 1 tbsp
Salt- To taste
Oil – 1 tsp/Frying
- Wash and soak the urad dhal for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain the water completely and grind it to a fine paste.
- Add rice flour, pepper, salt and grind it once again.
- In a plastic sheet, apply oil.
- Take a ball of the dough and place it on the greased plastic sheet.
- Cover it with another plastic sheet and press it with the davara(bowl) to make a flat pattice. The vadai should be thin.
- Make sure the pressure applied is even.
- Makle ahole in the centre with a finger.
- Heat oil and deep fry the vadais until they turn golden brown in colour and crispy.
- Offer it to God and store it in an air tight container.