Curry Leaves powder or karivepillai podi is a dry version of the curry leaves thogayal. It has a lot of health benefits. Usually amma makes this with channa dhal and urad dhal. This version contains toor dhal in it. I learnt this version from my perima. Since it contains pepper and cumin seeds, it helps in digestion. Thank you perima!!!!
Curry leaves – A bunch
Toor dhal – 3/4 cup
Black peppercorns – 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 3 tbsp
Red chilli – 1 No
Salt – To taste
Asafoetida – A pinch
- Measure all the ingredients and keep separately.
- Fry all the ingredients to golden brown one by one.
- Allow the ingredients to cool for 5 minutes.
- Later grind the roasted ingredients in the mixie.
- Curry leaves powder is ready.