Rasam can be called as South indian soup. There are different kinds of rasam slightly varying in the ingredients used. The recipe I am going to give can be used to make traditional home-style rasam. I learnt this from my grandmom. You can store this for more than six months. Always we need to grind the rasam powder coarsely unlike sambar powder. Hope you guys will enjoy it.
Coriander seeds- 1 cup
Toor dhal – 1/2 cup
Bengal gram- 1/2 cup
Pepper – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
Turmeric- A small piece
Red chilly – 4 cups
- Measure all the ingredients and keep separately.
- Keep the red chillies in the hot sun for few minutes. So that it can be fried easily without taking much time.
- Fry all the ingredients to golden brown one by one.
- While frying the red chillies add one drop of oil so that you wont start sneezing while doing that.
- Allow the ingredients to cool for 5 minutes.
- Later grind the ingredients one by one in the mixie.
- Finally mix everything to get your rasam podi.