Everytime when we buy oranges we will peel the skin out and eat the fruit inside and throw off the skin. The skin is a rich source of vitamin C, Vitamin A and B complex and also a source of several minereals, etc., several fold more than its pulp. So knowing all these facts no one will like to waste it. So here is a recipe made with orange skin.
Orange skin -1 cup
Tamarind – 1/2 lemon size
Jaggery – 2 tsp
Red chilli – 3
Salt – As per taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dhal – 1 tsp
Channa dhal – 1 tsp
- Remove the orange skin and cut it into small pieces.
- Add oil in a kadai and then add the orange skin. Saute it well so that the bitter taste will be removed.
- then add tamarind, jaggery, red chilli and saute it for two minutes.
- grind all the ingredients with salt. Sprinkle little water to blend it well.
- Then add oil and splutter mustard seeds. once they crack, add the urad dhal and channa dhal. once they brown add the ground mixture and saute for two minutes.
- You can mix this with rice or can be used as a side dish for dosai and chappathi.