Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Fried Gram dhal(Pottukadalai) – 2 tbsp
Green Chilli – 2
Salt -To taste
Water – As required
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Urad dhal – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Grind together Coconut, fried gram dhal, green chilli, salt with little water.
- Add water if necessary.
- In a pan, add oil and splutter mustard seeds. Once they crack add urad dhal and curry leaves. When they turn golden brown add this to the ground chutney.
- You can add ginger and omit fried gram.
- Add a sprig of coriander and curry leaves which gives a nice aroma.
- Add roasted channa dhal in the place of fried gram.
- You can also peanuts instead of fried gram.