Apple raitha is a delicious Indian side dish that is served along wtih pulao and biriyani. Adding raw vegetables and fresh fruits into curd along with the spices makes it not only tasty but also filling too. This goes best with pulao, biriyani and stuffed parathas. This raitha can be made with some variations too. Instead of red chilli powder, you can add pepper powder or altogether you can skip the spiciness. Always choose thick and fresh curd to make this raitha. Later it will become watery and sour. And sour curd will not suit for this raitha.
Apple – 1/2
Curd – 4 ladles
Salt – A pinch
Sugar – 1/2 to 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – To garnish
- Chop the apple into small pieces. If you donot like the skin, you can peel them off before chopping the apple.
- Take a bowl and add thick curd into it.
- Add salt, sugar, red chilli powder, cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Also beat the curd well till smooth. You can do this after adding all the above ingredients or before adding it.
- Add the chopped apple into the curd mixture and mix well.
- Finally garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.