Raita is an Indian salad or side dish made with yoghurt and chopped vegetables of your choice. Pachadi is the South-indian variation of raita. Every Indian family would like to have curd either plain or in the form of raita or as lassi. Raita goes best with roti and any variety rice, pulav, fried rice and briyani. They are cool and spicy at the same time.
Yoghurt – 1 cup
Onion – 1 (Big size)
Tomato – 1 (Medium size)
Cilantro – Few
Salt – To taste
Black salt – A pinch
Cumin seed powder – 1 tsp
Coriander seed powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Chop onion, tomato, cilantro into small pieces.
- Mix the yoghurt well and if it is too thick, add a little quantity of milk or water to make it to the right consistency.
- Now add salt, black salt, cumin seed powder, coriander seed powder and sugar to the yoghurt. Mix well.
- Finally add the chopped vegetables and mix well.
- Serve with roti, pulav, fried rice or briyani.
Note: You can also use cucumber, bell pepper and other vegetables of your choice.
Also garnish it with boondhi.