Whenever the price of tomatoes fall (Rs 10 for 2 Kgs) amma(mom) and paatti(grany) makes variety of recipes with tomato. This one is my mom’s recipe. She learnt this from one of her friends during her college days. It is colourful, easy and instant recipe. This recipe can be made very easily and even bachelors.
Tomato – 6
Onions – 1
Green chillies – 3
Cilantro – few
Curry leaves – few
Asafoetida – A pinch
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- A pinch
Salt – A pinch
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Gingellery Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cut the onions into small pieces. Cut the tomatoes and keep aside.
- In a kadai, add oil and splutter the cumin seeds, coriander seeds.
- Then add green chillies, curry leaves. Saute well.
- Add chopped onions, fry it till translucent.
- Add the mashed tomatoes and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, asafoetida, add water and cook until the raw smell of the tomatoes disappear.
- Finally garnish it with freshly chopped coriander.
- You can use it as a side dish for Chappathi/roti, Dosa, Idli, Verumarisi adai.