Methi Matar paratha is the paratha where the ground peas and chopped methi leaves are mixed with the dough and made as a roti. Use fresh methi leaves and add a pinch of Kasuri Methi for aroma. This is a healthier option since it has green leafy vegetable and green vegetable. This paratha can be made easily.
Matar 1 cup
Dhania – few
Ginger- one inch
Green Chillies – 1
Garlic cloves – 3
To make dough
Wheat Flour -2 cups
Salt- to taste
Methi Leaves -1 cup
Ground Matar paste
- Boil green peas with some salt and turmeric powder. Drain water and keep it aside.
- Grind peas, coriander, Ginger, Green Chillies, garlic cloves to a fine paste.
- Soak the methi leaves in water for 30 minutes. Chop them.
- Tke wheat flour in a bowl and add chopped methi Leaves, ground peas paste, salt and mix together. .
- Donot add water in the beginning. After mixing all the ingredients , sprinkle water and knead it to a smooth non sticky dough.
- Now the dough is ready to make the rotis/Paratha.
- Take a small ball of the dough and roll it out evenly.
- Cook the parathas on both sides on a hot tawa. Drizzle ghee on the parathas and remove once you see the brown spots on them.
- Serve it with any sabzi.