Beetel leaves- coconut ladoo is an unique sweet that can be made very easily. I had lot of beetel leaves at home and started experimenting with different recipes out of it. One of them is the ladoo. This ladoo is chewy, soft and people who love sweet paan will definitely love this.
Beetel leaves- 5
Condensed milk- 1/2 cup
Ghee – 2 tsp
Dessicated coconut- 1 cup + for coating
Green food colour- 1 drop(optional)
Gulkand- 1/4 cup
- Remove the stem of the beetel leaves.
- Chop it into small pieces and add it to a mixie jar.
- Add condensed milk and grind them to a fine paste.
- In apan add ghee and dessicated coconut.
- Roast the coconut for 2 minutes.
- At this stage add the food colour and mix well.
- Finally add the ground condensed milk-beetel leaves paste and stir well.
- At one stage it starts thickening and will leave from the sides.
- Turn off the stove and allow it to cool.
- Now take a portion of the ladoo dough, flatten it on your palm.
- Place the gulkand at the centre and close it well to form a uniform sized balls.
- Finally coat it with dessicated coconut.
- The paan ladoo or beetel leaves-coconut ladoo is ready to serve.