Paneer Spring onion masala
Any gravy made out of paneer is one of the favourite recipes for most of the people. So I want to make this gravy when my cousin’s family visited my place. This is one of the easiest but rich and delicious gravy that will make your guests dumbstruck. So instead of making a regular sambar, rasam and one curry for the lunch, I made this along with other items. My niece who entered the kitchen gave a beautiful expression saying awesome and said “Chithi the gravy looks yummy and I want to taste it”. Also my cousin and my brother-in-law loved it a lot. Make this gravy for a get together or party and become a VIP in the gathering :P…..
Paneer – 250 gms
Spring Onion – 1/2 bunch
Tomatoes – 4
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Red Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Cashews – 15
Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp
Fresh Coriander leaves – For Garnishing
Salt – To taste
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Cloves – 4
Cardamom – 2
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch length
- Chop the onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Soak the cashews for half an hour in water and grind it to a smooth paste.
- In a pan add ghee and saute cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick. Then add the chopped onions and saute them until they caramelize.
- You can feel the aroma of the onion caramelizing. At this stage add the ginger garlic paste. Stir continuously so that they donot stick to the bottom. Stir until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sprinkle water and allow it to cook. To this add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well. They thickens and you can feel a very good aroma.
- Add the ground cashew paste, salt and mix well. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- At this stage you can turn off the stove and store this base for one week.
- While making the gravy ready to eat, heat a sauce pan. Add ghee and saute the spring onion. Then add the paneer cubes and fry it. To this add the prepared base, water, fresh cream and fresh coriander leaves.
- Fresh cream helps in adjusting the salt and spiciness of the gravy.
- This can served with roti, naan, paratha, puri.
Liked it a lot…might even have been a bit more spicy
Thank you Stephan… You can add chilli powder acc to your taste…