Upma is the simplest and humble breakfast that can made in a jiffy. It is also an easy recipe for beginners. It can be made with sooji, vermicelli, samba sooji. The recipe tastes good and doesn’t need any accompaniment. So this comes in handy when you are short of time. But you can also serve it with sugar or pickle.
Vermicelli– 2 cups
Water – 2 cups
Oil – 2 tbsp
Urad dhal – 1 tsp
Channa dhal – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Green chillies – 2
Salt – As required
- Measure and roast the vermicelli in the pan and keep it aside.
- Add oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Once they crack, add channa dhal and urad dhal. When they turn brown, add green chillies and curry leaves.
- To this add water, salt and allow it to boil.
- When they start to boil, add roasted vermicelli and mix without forming any lumps.
- Continuously stir so that they donot stick to the bottom.
- Add coconut oil now and then to add flavour and also to make upma soft.
Note: You can add onions if necessary. It makes upma more tasty.