Sooji toast is a perfect snack time to serve in the morning breakfast or as an tea-time snack. We need semolina, curd, and few vegetables like onion, bell pepper, green chillies. We can also add tomatoesd, but i personally donot like to add it in th batter. It is a very tasty and easy to make dish and it will get over in no time.
Semolina – 1 cup
Curd – 2 ladle
Water – As required to adjust the consistency
Salt – As requested
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1
Red bell pepper
Yellow bell pepper
Green bell pepper
Green chillies – 3
Coriander leaves – To garnish
- Take a bowl and add semolina into it. To this add curd and mix well.
- Add water and adjust the consistency of the batter.
- Then add salt, turmeric powder and give it a mix.
- To this add chopped onions, red, green, yellow bell pepper and mix well.
- Add green chillies for the spiciness.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped oriander leaves.
- Allow the batter to sit for 2 hours.
- Takea skillet, heat it and toast the bread.
- Spread the semolina batter on the top of it.
- When the bottom side is done, flip and cook on the other side. The batter will gets cooked and the yummy sooji toast is ready.
- Serve it with tomato sauce or green chutney.