Hi everybody!! Here I am with the base for North Indian curries. To make the restaurant style rich creamy North indian curries, you need two main bases – White gravy base and Red gravy base. Apart from this, you need Palak puree for some gravies like – palak paneer, Veg hyderabadi, etc., When you have the bases in hand, you can make different types of gravy in no time. You can refrigerate it for one month and use when required. this white gravy is also used in small quantity to make red gravy. I bet you will be able to provide restaurant style curries to your family and guests and everyone will fall in love with your cooking skills.
Cashew – 125 g
White sesame seeds – 50 g
Poppy seeds – 43 g
Marathi mokku – 2
Cinnamon – 3
Star anise – 2
Cardamom – 4
Bay leaf – 2
Sugar – 2 tsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Khova / Milk powder in water – 1 tsp
Oil – 100 ml
- Add cashews, poppy seeds, sesame in a vessel. Add water allow it to cook.
- The ingredients should be soft.
- Strain the ingredients and grind it to a fine paste.
- The cashew paste should be like a dosa/idli batter.
- Keep the paste aside.
- Add 100 ml oil in a pan or a vessel.
- Add the spices like marathi mokku, cardamom, cloves, star anise, bay leaf, cinnamon stick one by one.
- Saute them until you get a nice aroma.
- Then add the ground cashew paste or white puree and mix well.
- Add butter, sugar, khova at this stage.
- Add water and allow it to cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- The white gravy base is ready. You can refrigerate it for a month and use whenever required.