Macaroons are a small biscuit or a cookie which is made with ground almond or coconut and uses egg in the recipe. Coconut macaroons as the name say, it has coconut as the main ingredient. My recipe is an eggless version which is so simple to make and needs two basic ingredients to make this recipe. These are sweet, chewy on the inside with a delightfully crispy exterior. These macaroons can be made in no time if you have the ingredients in hand. These can be made for birthday parties, tea time evening snack or even for Diwali.
Desiccated coconut – 50 gm
Condensed milk – 75 ml
Salt – a pinch
Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
- In a bowl take desiccated coconut, condensed milk, salt and vanilla essence.
- Mix them well with a spoon.
- We add a pinch of salt to enhance the sweetness and vanilla essence for the flavour.
- Once the mixture is ready, grease the tray in which we are going to bake the macaroons.
- Take a small portion of the mixture, make a small ball and then lightly flatten it between your hands. Arrange these on the baking tray.
- Pre-heat the oven at 250 degree celsius for 3 minutes. And then bake the macaroons at 250 degree celsius for 5 minutes in the middle rack.
- After 5 minutes check the macaroons. It would have turned golden brown in colour.
- If we feel it has to be baked more on the bottom, reduce the temperature to 150 degree celsius and bake in the lower rack for 3 to 5 minutes depending on your oven.
- The macaroons are ready. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, take the macaroons from the tray and store it in an air-tight container.
- The delicious and super easy coconut macaroons is ready.