Coconut & Sesame Biscuit or Coconut macaroons as it is called in many places is one of the most popular biscuits that you can find in any Indian Bakery. These biscuits can be made easily at home. I have used Fat in making the biscuits. But we can also replace it with butter.
All purpose flour – 21 gm
Desiccated coconut – 62 gm
Icing Sugar – 31 gm
Custard powder – 6 gm
Fat – 20 gm
Sesame – 6 gm
Ghee – 20 gm
- First weigh each ingredient leaving all purpose flour. Make sure the measurements are accurate to get the good texture of the cookies.
- Weigh Icing sugar, desiccated coconut, Custard powder, sesame, ghee, fat.
- At this stage weigh and add all purpose flour.
- After adding it, knead it to a dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and arrange it on a baking tray.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 140 – 175 degree celsius for 20- 25 minutes.
- The biscuits will turn golden brown in colour and they are done.
- Allow it to cool and then store it in an air tight container.