Vermicelli Dosai/Vermicelli Crepe
As I always mention in my blog that I am a foodie and would never stick on to one type of dish. I get bored eating the same food daily. So I always make different varieties of food and experiment different types of cuisine. As usual I was bored of eating regular tiffin items. So I decided to make rava idli but in turn landed up making this tiffin. My husband and I loved this tiffin and we enjoyed it with kaara chutney.
Vermicelli – 1 cup
Ravai – 1/2 cup
Thick curd – 1 cup
Finely chopped Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
Finely chopped green chillies – 2
Ginger – 1 tsp
Grated carrot- 1/2 cup
Soda – 1/2 tsp
Hing – A pinch
Salt – As required
Water- To adjust consistency
Oil – 1tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Channa – Dhal – 1/2 tsp
Split urad Dhal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
- In a bowl, add vermicelli, sooji, coriander, curry leaves, green chillies and ginger.
- Add curd and mix well.
- Now add the soda, salt, hing and mix well.
- Adjust the consistency of the batter by adding water.Keep it aside covered for 10 minutes.
- Finally add the grated carrot into the batter and mix everything together.
- Now add oil to the pan and splutter mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to crack, add spilt urad dal, channa dal and fry till they turn golden brown color. Add them into the batter.
- Allow the batter to sit for 20 minutes. The batter is ready to use.
- Heat the griddle and add a ladle of batter. Now spread it like a dosai. Drizzle oil and cook on both the sides. When it turns light brown in colour, remove it from the griddle.
- The vermicelli dosai is ready to serve. It goes best with kaara chutney or Tomato pickle.
How unusual! Must try this 🙂
Thank you Aruna…. Let me know how it turned out 🙂