Chocolate cake is a cake flavoured with chocolate or cocoa powder. This chocolate cake is super moist and it can be eaten without any icing. The making of chocolate sponge cake involves four main steps – Sifting the flour, Mixing the wet ingredients, blending the dry and wet ingredients together well and baking it in a greased pan. Using the right amount of fat, freash flour, cocoa powder is important to get a perfect cake. Sifting the four is a very important step and using chilled bowl and whipping the cream in a low temperature allows to get the whipped cream soon. And one can get perfect cake with practise.
All purpose flour – 110 gm
Cocoa powder – 6 tbsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Butter- 60 gm
Condensed mik- 200 ml
Vanilla – 1 tsp
Coco cola – 250 ml
Whipping Cream – 200 ml
Icing sugar – 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1/4 tbsp
For Cake Batter
- Sift the All purpose flour and cocoa powder well. Keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, add butter, condensed milk and beat well.
- To the butter – condensed milk mixture, add baking soda, baking powder and mix well.
- Now add the sifted flours to the above mixture and blend it well by cut and fold method or using electric blender.
- Finally add the coca cola and mix well.
- The cake batter is ready.
- Place the butter paper in the greased cake tin.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan.
- Pre-heat the oven at 230 degree celsius for 3 minutes.
- Then bake the cake at 150 degree celsius for 35-40 minutes.
- Check the cake in between. The temperature and the timing varies from oven to oven.
- Insert the toothpick and if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
- Allow it to cool. Then remove it from the cake tin by inverting it on the plate.
- Keep one bowl in the refrigerator in which we will be whipping the cream.
- Take one bowl full of ice cubes and place another bowl on it.
- Add whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence.
- Whip the cream in low speed for two minutes and then in high speed until you get stiff peaks.
- The whipping cream is ready.
- In one portion, add hershey’s chocolate syrup and mix well.
- Take the cake and place it on the cake table.
- Take the whipped cream and spread it on the cake with the palette knife.
- Then use the nozzle, icing bag and decorate the cake according to your ideas.
- I have also used oreo biscuits and chocolate noodles for the icing.
- Yummy chocolate cake is ready.