Mango Semolina cake is one of the easiest cakes that can be baked even by a beginner. It is so simple, easy to make in no time with limited ingredients. First time I made this with Senthoor and the next time with Malliga mangoes. This cake is always a hit in the family. This time I baked this cake on a special day – on my brother’s birthday. It doesn’t matter wherever he is I always celebrate his birthday. Also his birthday coincided with the Brother’s day in US.
Servings – 1 loaf
Difficulty – Medium
Semolina – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 3/4 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Mango pulp – 1 cup
Chopped pistachios & almonds – To garnish
- Take any mangoes of your choice, wash it well, peel off the skin. Chop the peeled mangoes into big chunks and grind them to a smooth puree. Donot add any water or milk to grind.
- In a bowl add semolina, oil and powdered sugar.
- Mix it well with a spatula.
- Then add baking powder, mango pulp and mix it well. All the ingredients should be mixed well.
- Allow the batter to sit for 30 minutes. This will help the semolina to absorb the wet ingredients and the batter will become soft.
- Grease a pan in which we are going to bake.
- Transfer it to a greased pan and level the batter.
- Add the chopped pistachios and almonds on the top.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree celsius for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick and check if it comes out clean. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- Donot bake until the cake is brown. This will make the cake hard.
- Once it is baked, remove it from the oven and allow to cool for 30 min. Donot remove from the pan immediately. It might collapse.
- After 30 minutes, remove from the pan and slice the cake.
- Mango Semolina cake is ready.
- Donot add water or milk while grinding the mangoes.
- Leave the batter to sit for 30 min to make the batter soft.
- We can garnish the chopped pistachios and almonds even after baking.
- The cake should not become brown because this will make the cake hard.
- Donot remove the cake from the pan immediately after baking. This will collapse the cake.