Corn Methi Sandwich is one of the healthy breakfast that you can serve your family. Even if one doesn’t like fenugreek leaves, they will start eating if you give it in this way. I have not done anything to remove the bitterness of the fenugreek. I washed it well, and sauteed in the butter along with corn and garlic. Saute it well until it is done. The end product was not bitter at all. This recipe is a fusion one, it has cheese in it and all the flavours. Some alterations can be made according to our taste as well.
Wheat Bread slices – 8 to 10
Butter – 4 tbsp ( to smear)
For the stuffing
Boiled corn – 1 cup
Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1 cup
Mozzarella Cheese – 4 tbsp
Garlic cloves – 7 or 1 tbsp chopped
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – As required
Butter – 1 tbsp
- Boil the corn and keep aside.
- Wash the fenugreek leaves thoroughly and keep aside.
- In a kadai, add butter and then chopped garlic cloves. Saute it well.
- Add the corn flour and mix it well keeping the stove in low flame. Mix it well with the butter.
- Then add the boiled corn and then the fenugreek leaves. Saute it well until the greens are cooked.
- Once the corn and fenugreek leaves are done, add the milk and stir continuously.
- At one stage, it starts thickening.
- At this stage, add the grated cheese and mix well.
- The stuffing is ready.
- Then apply butter on the bread slices.
- Spread the stuffing evenly on the top of the bread slice. Cover it with another bread slice.
- Toast it on a sandwich maker until it is golden brown in colour.
- We can also toast it on the Dosa tawa.
- We can add Italian herbs and chilli flakes.
- I have substituted maida with corn flour. You can use maida or wheat flour as well.