Drumstick leaves adai popularly known as Murungai Ilai Adai is a great tiffin recipe that is packed with Iron. This is one of my favourite tiffin recipes from childhood. Drumstick leaves are packed with nutrients like Vitamins, minerals, Iron, etc., They are also good source of antioxidants. So its always good to include this in our diet. It boosts the energy level so we can get over tiredness or fatigue easily. Its always good to eat this adai in the morning. Like all the greens its difficult to get digested if consumed in the night.
Also please check my other recipe with Drumstick leaves – Murungai keerai Molagootal.
Idli rice – 2 cups
Salt – As req
Water – To grind
Drumstick leaves – 1 cup
- Wash and Soak the rice for 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain the water, add the rice into a mixie jar and then add little water into it.
- Add salt and grind it to a smooth batter. The battr should be really smooth. So grind it well.
- Wash and remove the drumstick leaves. Separate the leaves from the stem and keep aside.
- Transfer the batter into a vessel, add little water and then a cup of drumstick leaves.
- Heat the skillet, once it is hot, take a ladle of batter and pour it on the tava like we make Rava roast.
- Donot spread the batter like we do to make normal dosa.
- Drizzle coconut oil and cook on both the sides.
- Drumstick leaves dosai / Murungai Ilai dosai will be ready.
- Serve it hot with tangy side dish like Thakkali Kootan or any other chutney of your choice.