Laccha Paratha is an amazing North Indian paratha that is quite popular in many Indian households. Ideally served along with any main dish of your choice at lunch or dinner, this paratha can be prepared in no time. This is also called as Layered Paratha as the layers are separated by ghee. They are sightly crispier outside and soft inside. The ingredients used to prepare this paratha is wheat flour, ghee, salt and water. The recipe looks a little tricky but if you follow the steps carefully, you can make it easily. Also this can be packed for lunch box as it looks appealing.
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Salt – As req
Water – To knead
Ghee – To apply & to cook
- In a bowl add wheat flour, salt and mix well.
- Now add water slowly and knead it to a soft dough.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Then take a small portion of the dough, dust it with wheat flour and start rolling it out like we make chappathi.
- The apply ghee on the rolled out chappathi and spread evenly on it.
- Start making pleats from the edges.
- Once done, stretch and bring both the ends together by rolling it to a circle.
- Now dust it with wheat flour and roll it out again.
- Heat the skillet and cook the Lachcha paratha on both the sides with the ghee.
- The delicious Lachcha Paratha is ready. Serve it hot with capsicum masala or Kadai Paneer or any sabzi of you choice.