Mangalore rasam podi is totally different from the rasam podi we make at home. In the one we make at home includes toor dhal, channa dhal, pepper etc., This rasam podi donot contains all these ingredients. I learnt this podi in one of the tv shows. We can use it for making different recipes.
Coriander seeds – 1 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/3 cup
Fenugreek – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Bedigi Chilli – 11 to 15
Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- In a pan add coriander seeds and dry roast it until the colour changes to golden brown. We can feel a nice aroma. Remove it from the flame.
- Then add cumin seeds and fenugreek and roast until they turn golden brown. Remove from the flame.
- Add curry leaves, roast it until you get rid of the mixture.
- Finally add the red chilli and heat it for a minute or two.
- Transfer all the ingredients to a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, add it to a mixie jar , add asafoetida and grind it to a powder.
- Store it in an air-tight container. This can be used to make rasam, hagalkayi gojju, kovakkai palya, etc.,