Brigadeiros are small fudgy balls that are popular in Brazil. This dessert occupies a space in almost all the parties in Brazil. I came to know about this recipe from my brother. He said it is so simple to make this at home but it will be a different sweet and dessert for the parties. Then I started to know more about this recipe.
Brigadeiro was created in Brazil in the honour of Brazilian Brigadier. They are made using condensed milk, cocoa powder, eggs, butter and sprinkles. Brigadeiro can be made without eggs too. This is an eggless verison. Though there are many versions of brigadeiros made today, this one is a classic recipe. This sweet can be made in no time and less effort is required to make this sweet. Since the condensed milk used is sweet, there is no need to add any additional sugar. I adapted this recipe from here.
Servings – 11 balls
Difficulty level – Easy
Condensed milk – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
Butter -2 cubes
Salt- A pinch
Chocolate noodles / Sprinkles – To coat
- In a pan add the sweet condensed milk and then the cocoa powder.
- Mix them well so that the condensed milk and the cocoa powder are blended together.
- At this stage add the butter and salt required for this recipe.
- Cook it, mixing constantly until it thickens. At pone stage the butter melts and the mixture starts thickening.
- A way to know is to run your wooden spoon (or spatula) in the middle of the mixture. At one point of time, the mixture leaves from the side.
- Turn off the stove and cool to room temperature.
- In a plate or bowl, spread your sprinkles.
- Once the brigadeiro is cool, grease your hands with butter and roll the brigadeiros into little balls like we make ladoos.
- Roll the brigadeiro balls into the sprinkles and place them in paper/foil candy cups.
- Easy and simple dessert is ready.