Lassi is a yoghurt based drink originated in India. It is very popular in Punjab. Lassi is made by blending thick curd, some spices and sugar. We can also add some fruits into it. So to make mango lassi, we add fresh mangoes and blend it with other ingredients. This is my favourite lassi. I had this in a shop and from that time, I love this lassi and wanted to make this at home. So Summer is the best season to make this lassi. This is so refreshing, filling, tasty and easy to make too. The curd that we are using should not be sour. Also we can use any sweetener of our choice or we can also avoid if the mangoes are too sweet.
Servings – 4 glasses
Difficulty level – Easy
Chopped mangoes – 1 cup
Curd – 1 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 4 tsp
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp or to garnish
- Wash the mangoes, peel the skin and chop them into big chunks.
- In a mixie jar add chopped mangoes, curd, milk, sugar and blend them well to make a smooth puree.
- We can also add cane sugar or jaggery or honey in the place of sugar. If the mangoes are too sweet, then we can also omit the external sweetener.
- Refrigerate for sometime and serve chill.
- We can also add cardamom powder or saffron while blending together everything.
- Garnish it with cardamom powder.