Aam papad is a Indian fruit leather made with mango pulp. The concentrated mango pulp is sweetened with the sugar solution. I first tasted this when I was very young and once we made at home and it became everyone’s favourite. This time I planned to take the video. This recipe is very easy to make and we can make it in no time. Mangoes are rich in vitamin C and Folate. Vitamin C helps in absorbing Folate and iron. I personally love to make it to small pieces. These small bites are enjoyed by all age groups.
Difficulty level – Medium
Ripened Mangoes – 850 g (if sweet 1 kg)
Sugar – 1 cup
Cardamom powder -1/2 tsp
- Wash the mangoes well and peel the skin with the peeler.
- Chop it into big chunks and grind it to a fine puree. Donot add water to grind the mangoes.
- Add the puree into the pan and stir well.
- Then add the sugar and mix it well with the mango puree. It becomes watery first and then start thickening.
- At one stage, it thickens and the colour changes slightly.
- Now grease a plate or a tray and pour the puree into the tray.
- Gently rotate the tray or the plate to spread the mango puree evenly. Donot use spatula to even it.
- Make thin layer of the mango puree.
- Sundry it for 2 – 3 days depending on the climate of your place. If you donot get sun,dry it under the fan.
- Once it is dried completely, you will be able to remove it like a sheet. Place it on a chopping board.
- Cut it into desired size and store it in a container.
Note: Use 1 cup sugar for 1 kg mangoes. If the sugar is sour, use 1 cup sugar for 850 g mangoes.