Mangoes are everyone’s favourite be it a raw mango or ripened one. We can make a lot of recipes using both raw and ripened mango. During Summer season, we can see lot of mangoes in the market. Using raw mango we can make different varieties of pickles like mangai kari, avakkai, mangai thokku and mangai pachadi, mangai kootan, Mango rice, Aam panna etc., Mangai kari is all time favourite for me and my brother. If amma makes this at home, then definitely we will eat double the amount of curd rice. But this time before making mangai kari, I want to make this sweet and spicy mango pickle. The pickle will be sour, spicy and sweet. You will definitely enjoy eating this pickle. It also goes well with rotis and chappathis.
Raw Mango – 2
Red Chilli Powder – 2 teapoon
Jaggery – 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Fenugreek powder -1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
Gingelley Oil – 3 tablespoons
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Wash and grate the mangoes.
- In a pan add gingelley oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add the grated mango mixture in a pan. Saute so that they donot stick to the bottom.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, fenugreek powder and jaggery to the grated mangoes. Toss and leave it aside for five minutes.
- The jaggery will melt and and the mangoes will blend with the jaggery and salt. Cook until the moisture leaves out of mango.
- Once the mango is cooked, they stick together. You can also feel the aroma of mango jaggery mixture.
- Once it gets cooled, store it in an air-tight container.
- The pickle goes well with Roti, chappathi and curd rice.