Sundal is a traditional South Indian dish prepared with legumes. It is offered as neivedhyam or prasadh for he Almighty during pooja, especially on Navarathri days. It is very healthy, rich in protein and can be had with coffee or tea in the evening. This can be made with different legumes. And my favourite is this one.
Green peas – 1 cup
Salt – As required
Water – To cook
Coconut – few
Curry leaves – few
Green chilli – 1
Coconut oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Wash and soak the green peas overnight or 6-8 hours.
- Drain the water, add salt and turmeric and pressure cook it.
- In a jar add coconut, curry leaves, chilli and grind them.
- Take a pan, add oil, splutter mustard seeds. Then add asafoetida and curry leaves.Saute them for a minute.
- Then add the ground paste, cooked green peas. Mix well.
- Saute everything together and the yummy sundal is ready.