Aloo Paneer Matar
Aloo paneer matar is a North Indian gravy prepared with potato, cottage cheese and green peas. They are cooked in the tomato gravy along with the spices. This is the first recipe I made after my wedding so this is always special for me. It is very easy to make as well as tasty. You can serve this as a side dish not only for roti, kulcha, naan but also for jeera rice, ghee rice…
Potatoes – 2
Matar – 1 cup
Paneer cubes – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 4
Onions – 2
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
Butter – 2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander – To garnish
Ginger – A piece
Green chilli – 2
Garlic – 7 cloves
Onion – 2 tbsp
Water – To grind
- Pressure cook the potatoes, peel the skin and cut them into big pieces.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chilli into a fine paste with little water.
- Grind the tomatoes and make it into a purée.
- Heat the pan, add butter, cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the garlic, ginger,green chilli paste and sauté until the raw smell goes off.
- Then add the onions and sauté till they are translucent.
- Then add the tomato purée and simmer the stove until the tomato purée is cooked. Add little quantity of water.
- Add the green peas,potatoes, salt,chilli powder, garam masala and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and allow it to come to a boil.
- Mash 2 to 3 pieces of potatoes in the pan to thicken the gravy. Simmer till the gravy thickens.
- Finally add the paneer cubes, mix well and cook for two minutes.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve hot with rotis or jeera rice.
Note: You can add sugar to adjust the tangy taste of tomatoes.
Very nice side dish.that too first after your marriage.
Greetings! I’ve been following your blog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out
from Atascocita Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the excellent
Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts
and I am waiting for your further post thanks once again.