Kadai paneer is one of the most popular North Indian curries along with Paneer butter masala, malai kofta, Palak paneer. The original authentic recipe calls for the roasted and ground kadai masla. But here I am posting the recipe for the restaurant style kadai paneer that is rich and creamy. To make this recipe we need to prepare the red gravy base. Do check the recipe for the red gravy base.
Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tsp
Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
Onion cubes- 3/4 cup
Capsicum cubes- 3/4 cup
Paneer cubes- 3/4 cup
Red gravy – 2 ladle
Water- As required
Garam masala- 1 tsp
Kitchen King masala- 1 tsp
Cumin seed powder- 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – To taste
Butter – 1 tbsp
Coriander – To garnish
- In a heavy bottomed vessel add ghee, ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes off.
- Add onion and saute until the onion become translucent.
- Then add the tomatoes and mix well for two minutes.
- Once the onion and tomatoes are cooked well, add onion cubes, capsicum cubes. Add little water and allow them to cook well.
- Meanwhile add the masala powders like cumin seed powder, garam masala, kitchen king masala, red chilli powder, salt and cook until the capsicum cubes are semi cooked.
- Then add the red gravy, butter, paneer cubes and mix well.
- Allow everything to cook until it thickens.
- Finally garnish it with coriander and serve with phulka, roti, naan, kulcha.