Sambaram/ Neer moru
Sambaram or Neer moru is the drink made in my home during summer days. Once the summer season starts my mom makes this at home and refrigerate it. During the summer vacation we will have this at noon. Now I have also started doing the same during summer season. This helps in hydrating our body and keeps our body cool. Also this is made on Raama navami(Lord Rama’s birthday). It is a very simple and easy drink that one should drink during summer days.
Curd – 1 cup
Water – 3 cups
Cumin seed powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt- As required
Green chillies- 2
Coriander- 4 arcs
Curry leaves- few
Water – To grind
- Wash and grind the coriander, curry leaves, green chillies with little water.
- Take a cup of curd in a vessel. Add a cup of water and blend well to remove lumps.
- Add remaining two cups of water.
- Add 3/4 th tbsp of the ground paste, salt and mix well.
- Finally add the cumin seed powder.
- Serve chill .