South Indian meal will never end up without curd rice. Though I want to post this simple recipe for a long time, somehow I missed it. I love to eat curd rice when it is tempered and garnished with fruits. So here I am going to give you the recipe for authentic curd rice. I am damn sure you will enjoy this.
Rice – 1 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Curd – 1 ladle
Butter- 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Green chillies-finely chopped 1 tsp
Curry leaves – finely chopped 1 tsp
Ginger – finely chopped 1 tsp
Pomegranate/Grapes – few(optional)
- Pressure cook the rice, add butter and mash it well.
- Add either warm or cold milk and mix well. Then add the curd and mash it well.
- In a kadai add oil and splutter mustard seeds. When they crack, add chopped green chillies, curry leaves, ginger .
- Add this tempering into the curd rice.
- Garnish it with pomegranate or grapes.
- Serve with any pickle of your choice.