This is one of the cakes I wanted to bake for a long time. Finally I made it for this Christmas. And this cake is something special. Because for the first time, I am baking it for someone else. Few words about the person to whom I gave this cake- She is a woman in her early 30’s. 10 yrs back she lost her husband. And all alone she is bringing up her three kids. She works from early morning till night. A lot to learn from her.Can you guess who is she? She is not a CEO or some big personality. She works in my home and other flats in our apartment. I made this cake for her and her children for this Christmas. I got true happiness in baking and giving this to her. Merry Christmas to all!!!
All purpose flour- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tbsp
Tutti -Frutti- 1/2 cup
Raisins- 1 tbsp
Curd- 1 cup
Sugar- 1 cup
Baking powder- 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda- 1 tsp
Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Oil- 1/2 cup
Pinch of salt
- Take tutti-frutti and raisins in a bowl and coat it with a tbsp of All purpose flour or maida.
- Sift the maida and keep it aside.
- In another bowl take sugar, curd, soda, baking powder and mix well.
- Then add oil, vanilla extract, salt to the curd mixture.
- Add sifted flour in batches.
- Finally fold in tutti-frutti and mix well
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Grease the mould and add the cake batter.
- Bake it at 180 degree celsius for 50-55 minutes.
- Insert with toothpick and check if it comes out clean.
- Cool it in wire rack and then make slices.