Lemon rice is one of the most popular and often made rice in South India. It is easily made when you are in a hurry. This is one of the best tiffin box recipes and liked by everyone starting from kids to the older ones. It can be had with papad or chips. I like to have it with lemon pickle.
Rice – 1 cup
Lemon – 1
Coriander – few
Mustard- 1 tsp
Channa dhal-1 tsp
Urad dhal-1 tsp
Peanuts- 2 tbsp
Curry leaves- few
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
- Pressure cook the rice and keep aside.
- Extract juice from the lemon and remove the seeds.
- In a kadai, add oil and splutter mustard seeds. Once they crack, add channa dhal, urad dhal, curry leaves and peanuts. Saute until they turn brown.
- Then add the turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Finally add the cooked rice and mix well. Donot mix too much with the spatula. The rice will become mushy.
- Turn off the stove and add lemon juice. Add a tsp extra of lemon juice if you like sour taste.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.