Macaroni is a type of pastha that is tubular in shape. They originated in Italy and is mainly used in Italian cuisine. Pastha is a staple food in Italy. They are available in dry and fresh forms. Macaroni is a dry variety. I was bored of making regular tiffin items and wanted to make something different. That landed me up in trying macaroni. I made Indian version macaroni. Loved this recipe.
Macaroni – 2 cups
Water – 3 cups
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Onion – 2
Tomato – 3
Capsicum – 1/2
Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt – To taste
- Boil the water with salt and a drop of oil. Turn off the stove and add the macaroni. Close the lid and allow it to stand for 3 minutes.
- Drain the water and wash it with cold water. Macaroni is cooked.
- In a pan add oil and saute ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes off. Then add the finely chopped onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes, add water and allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
- Cut the capsicum lengthwise and add it to the other mixture.
- At this stage add soya sauce, tomato sauce, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Now add the cooked macaroni and mix wel with other ingredients.
- Indian style macaroni is ready to serve.