The humble lehiyam is an age-old cure for Diwali excesses. Diwali is the festival of lights, is always accompanied by an abundance of sweets.Irrespective of whether you are a fitness freak or calorie- conscious person, abuse of the stomach is the order of the day.It helps in curing indigestion. This can also be used on other days after having a grand feast. It is a very good medicine.
Pepper(Milagu)-5 to 10 gm
Long pepper(kandathipilli)- 5gm
- Dry roast the spices and powder it.
- Extract the juice out of ginger.
- Mix the juice with jaggery and make thick syrup(paagu) with one string consistency.
- Add spices powder, ghee, honey to the jaggery syrup.
- After a minute, take it off and make it to cool.
Readymade diwali legiyam powder is available in the shops. Instead of dry roasting and grinding the spice powder you can use this.