Bhel Puri is one of the favourite chaat item for the people of all age groups especially for the kids and teenagers. It is also a treat for the eyes to watch how the chaat wallah makes it. Sold on every street corner in Mumbai, and now widespread in other Indian cities and towns too. Bhel Puri is a wonderful preparation of puffed rice tossed together with a lot of tangy chutneys, aromatic seasonings, crunchy veggies and flavourful garnishes.However it is not advisable to eat outside food frequently. But when it is made at home, it is hygienic and healthy as it includes fresh vegetables. Some also use White channa while making chaats. To make a chaat, we need three main chutneys along with other ingredients.
Puffed Rice – 1 Kg
Tomatoes – 5
Onions – 4
Cucumber – 3
Potatoes – 4
Papdi – 1 pkt
Dry Mango powder – A pinch
Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
Black salt – 1 tsp
Fresh Coriander leaves
- Pressure cook the potatoes and cut it into cubes.
- Chop the tomatoes, onions, Cucumber and keep aside.
- In a bowl add equal quantities of onions, tomatoes, cucumber and mix well. To this add the boiled potatoes.
- Crush the papdi and add into the bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp each of all the three chutneys.
- Add chaat masala powder, dry mango powder, salt, black salt and mix well.
- Finally the puffed rice and toss it well. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and sev.