Baby corn fritters are crispy, crunchy snack and kids will love this. It is an incomparable snack with unique taste and texture. For the first time I had this in a wedding reception of one of my cousins. From that time I want to try this recipe. I made this at home as tea time snack. Both Krish and I loved this crispy fritters. Serve it with tomato sauce or mint chutney.
Baby corn – 5 to 6
Besan flour – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – As required
Salt – to taste
Black salt – A pinch
Asafoetida – A pinch
- Wash and cut the babycorn in one inch length.
- In a vessel add besan flour, rice flour, corn flour, salt, chilli powder, black salt and mix them well.
- Now add the chopped corn and blend it with the masala.
- Sprinkle water if necessary. Allow it to settle for 15 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a kadai, add the marinated florets in the oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Add 1 tsp lemon juice and serve it with tomato sauce.